East Leesville Elementary School History
East Leesville Elementary School was erected adjacent to the Vernon Parish School Board Office in 1953. Mr. Lyons Palmer served as principal for students in grades one through eight. In 1956 C.A. Hughes was named principal and Mr. Palmer transferred across town to the newly designed West Leesville Elementary School.
Mr. Ted Paris’ service as principal began in 1967 as East Leesville Elementary became a first thorugh sixth grade center. Mr. Joe Westerchil followed in 1970 with Mr. Paris returning from 1979 – 1988 as ELE became a first though fourth grade setting. In 1984 a library was constructed on campus and a kindergarten wing was added in 1986. Mrs. Faye Ellis, ELE’s first assisstant principal, was named principal, and Mrs. Anne Smith later served from 1995 – 1997.
Mrs. Debbie Clark served as principal from 1997 – 2009. In 2001 ELE again changed its program to a kindergarten thorugh second grade setting. Our multi purpose building was added at the south end of the property in 2003. In 2005 the VPSB added LA4 to its grades and ELE became an LA4 thorugh first grade school. Currently, ELE serves over 500 students ages 3 thorugh 6.
Mrs. Ramona Bennett served as principal from 2009 to May of 2018 when Mrs. Kristie Beasely became principal at the beginning of the 2018 – 2019 school year.